- Responsible and accountable for the engineering and operation of analytics platforms, which are comprised of multiple cloud environments, application continuous delivery tools and pipelines, and numerous applications consuming those.
- Will also encompass developing, building, administering, and deploying self-service tools that enable Company data scientists to build, deploy and operate cloud native applications on those cloud platforms.
- Designing architecture with various cloud providers that meets technical, security, and business needs for applications and workloads.
- Establishes the strategy and manages complex technical designs in engineering and operating cloud platform infrastructure with continuous integration and continuous delivery frameworks and tools
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps around cloud platforms; executes strategic engineering proof of concepts around cloud platforms
- Champions the engineering practices and helping teams define and setup frameworks for infrastructure as code and immutable infrastructure concepts
- Champions for the appropriate use of open source and commercial technology based upon industry trends and innovative concepts
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Cloud related cloud technologies (Azure/AWS/GCloud or other)
- Able to mentor different teams across the various engineering practices including extreme programming, product mindset, cloud/as-a-service approach, and infrastructure as code
- Hands-on style - willingness and competence in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Identify creative solutions for technical challenges
- Able to communicate effectively across groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to communicate and present ideas and solutions
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing complex applications and distributed systems into public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc..)
- Experience and solid understanding of complex, multi-region, highly available state-less and state-full deployments
- Solid understanding of security and compliance frameworks, standards and implementation in public cloud environments
- Experience and solid understanding of infrastructure technologies such as network, compute, and storage
- Experience in using DSLs/frameworks for managing infrastructure as code like (or similar to) CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, BOSH, etc..
- Experience in infrastructure programming using languages like Python, Ruby, Go
- Hands on experience using continuous integration/delivery tools like (or similar to) git, Jenkins, Concourse
TheMathCompany would provide you with an ecosystem to learn and grow in your professional journey, offering guidance to help you be successful. We are also a fun bunch and will help you in making this memorable.
So, based on what you have read do you believe you have what it takes to build TheMathCompany and analytics capabilities for Fortune 500 organizations?
Have some questions or suggestions? Unclear about certain opportunities? Feel free to reach out to us anytime for a friendly chat.