A Legacy Software Medical Admissions Company, at a preliminary stage in analytical maturity, wanted to transform its business process for better efficiency, forward-thinking and planning capabilities.
MathCo assessed, identified and prioritized problems on business impact, complexity, data availability, implementation effort and time-to-market, to build a custom solution.
- Built a detailed product and business-focused data analytics strategy and roadmap to upgrade their offerings and unlock business potential across the value chain.
- Set up engineering infrastructure to support advanced analytics requirements and handle complex analytics operations.
- Reduced future solution design effort by building an analytical database and setting up comprehensive data pipelines.
- Major database – WebAdMIT mapped and evaluated in depth for diverse usage.
- Successfully built solutions for diverse problems across the applicant funnel. This enabled the medical admissions company to score applicants on fit and yield, predict churn from admissions and applicants’ strengths and weaknesses. Scoring of applicants was targeted at organizations as they are now able to know the most optimal fit of applicants to select. Also helped CXOs see value in analytics and investments in the domain.
- Helped existing analytics and engineering teams to gain experience in tools and techniques to solve analytics problems.
- Estimated $11M revenue generated over 5 years upon productization of the implemented analytics prototypes. Reduced future solution design effort due to smart analytical database and comprehensive data pipelines.
- Applicant churn can now be predicted 8-10 months in advance.
- Strengths and weaknesses dashboards have enabled applicants to improve their selection likelihood.