A Macau-based casino hotel chain wanted to increase patron attendance through targeted promotions and on-floor patron engagement and activity for greater returns. It also wanted to tap into critical business intelligence data to get better insights on performance across functions.
MathCo transformed business decision-making for the casino hotel by leveraging machine learning to perform customized patron targeting and gain real-time insights on patron activity at the casino. Furthermore, the BI data was consolidated, analysed and presented through smart visualisations and prompt notifications on KPIs to help the business always stay at the top of the game.
- Set up data pipelines and ETL jobs required to source data from existing data warehouses into a high-performance analytical data mart for both real-time and batch data.
- Developed a patron targeting framework that uses ML models and business inputs to prioritize patrons, targeted based on their likelihood to play-up/down and value, and optimize the ROI.
- Consolidated over 200 BI reports across 8 business functions to develop a suite of smart Tableau dashboards that track performance and trigger automated email alerts based on historic and real-time data.
- By using ML, the sales and marketing teams were able to identify high-value patrons who are not likely to make a trip or at a risk of spending lower than usual, with over 85% accuracy, and accordingly provide comps and offers.
- Live-tracking of patrons on the casino floor, alongside alerting hosts of any high-value patron activity for real-time targeting opportunities.
- Customized targeting of patrons with the right offers helped improve customer retention and significantly increased play behaviour.
- The business now has an automated one-stop-shop where all levels from the CEO to analysts have access to up to date KPIs through prompt push notifications sent via email. The unified portal also helps track performance across 8 business functions through intuitive and executive-friendly visualizations.